Dave Skinner & Friends

I challenge anyone to go to this show and not laugh out loud. I did, and I went on my own. It is almost unheard of for me to let out more than a quiet chuckle when I see things a la Billy no mates, but Dave's show had me laughing at a slightly embarrassing volume for someone trying not to draw attention to herself. Dave and his smashing friend Ewan present a wide range of brilliant characters, some inspired by mediocre celebrities, some by stereotypes and even one loveable dribbling freak inspired by John Merrick, but all of them very funny and not one bit predictable. This is a really well thought through, tightly written show which is right up the Comedy Lounge alley. I think we have found our new favourites and certainly a strong contender for the Lounge awards later on in the month. Dave Skinner & Friends is the hidden jewel amongst the sketch and character swarmed programmes of this year's Fringe. It's not often that a stand-up can turn his hand to sketches and characters with notable success but Dave has managed it with a little help from his friends. This is one show we'll be seeing as often as we can fit it into our very busy schedules.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home